Sunday, December 02, 2012

Sunday in the Park with BaBa

Ben: Our zoo visit was called on account of rain, which kind of relieved me; if Guangzhou's zoo is anything like Beijing's was when I visited a decade ago--taxidermy and plastic machine guns for sale in the gift shop, and a collection of ill-kept animals pleading with their eyes to be either released or put down--then it's no place for animals or people who like them.

Brandy: So we took to wandering the streets of the city and came upon a park festooned with chrysanthemums and elaborate bonsai and Angry Bird statues, of course. S got to see her first (as far as we know) dragon show and run around a bit, which she has come to prefer. This girl has sensed independence and is not turning back! She likes to help with putting on her shoes, eating, directing the elevator, and has no further patience with the stroller or Ergo. It was nice while it lasted. She definitely prefers Baba for now and while this is seriously breaking my heart as I have so longed to hold her, I will be patient and hope.









1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Love the last picture. She looks so independent! Hope we get to see you guys soon...I can't wait.