Friday, November 30, 2012

And it was a very good day

We are pinching ourselves; yesterday brought many smiles and much normal toddler behavior. I know that there will be ups and downs, so for now I am cherishing this very good day.

The day's major activity was touring a museum of ancient Chinese relics. S was very interested in the beeping/blinking security lights but not so much the jade and silk burial armor. We toured the tombs which included a display of concubine ashes/remains and a mixture of animal and servant ashes. You see, when the emperor died his staff was killed in order to travel with him, to care for him in his next life.

S was not so moved by this. She was moved by the mushrooms and jiaozi at lunch, however.

 

 

 

4 comments:

Janice said...

Brandy, the picture of her looking up at you just melts my heart! And to follow it with a thumbs up? Love it. Can we get one with a peace sign? :) So glad for a good day.

dave and jenn said...

Oh my gosh, that looks like huge progress! What precious pictures. And I love that she is always such a good eater.

Nana Bonnie said...

The look of love. Precious.

Unknown said...

Well, I tried to comment but I don't see it...trying again: I just appreciate the time and effort it is taking for you to blog...but to share in this JOY is wonderful! What a sweetheart you have!