Thursday, November 29, 2012

Out and About

I really like Guangzhou; yes, it is noisy and bustling and filled to the brim with tiny shops stacked one on top of another and traffic out of one's worst nightmares, but the busy intersections are interrupted with gardens and they have taken care to plant flowers along the way. The men out on two wheels are carrying the loads of a small semi and there is a sense of community. We ventured out to a large Buddhist temple followed by a little shopping yesterday, pushing the limits of toddler happiness toward the end. I don't know what part of her post-nap sorrow was grief and what was fatigue. Probably a nice mixture of the two. Nothing that her intuitive Baba couldn't eventually help her leave behind. She had her first father-daughter airplane ride yesterday and was brave enough to make it down the (indoor) slide. Yes, it is still raining. We feel so fortunate that at this point, she feels comfortable coming to both of us, though she tends to favor Ben. I don't blame her :).

 

Above, the Pearl Market

 

S, watching her necklace being made.

 

 

She quickly found the shop Vespa. Of course we had to go for a ride.

 

Shopping is pure exhaustion.

 

2 comments:

dave and jenn said...

So sweet that she is already turning into a daddy's girl. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, pretty special. :) I am so much enjoying your blogs. I check often for more. :) It is so wonderful that S is already bonding with you; I expected that. God is Good. Give my baby girl a hug from NanaB. - I think from both Nanas would be good. :)