Monday, October 16, 2006

Old Couch, New Occupants





So since last I've posted, I've finished my tour of duty in the ED, at least for now and have re-joined the hospitalist world, much more my style. In the middle of it all, Ben and I threw an engagement party for our friends across the street, Jess and Josh. They're a wonderful couple and have wonderfully hilarious antics. We brought hay bales to the backyard with pumpkins and mums and twinkle lights and Louie Armstrong and all was wonderful. We toasted the bride-and-groom-to-be and made them play silly pre-newlywed games. The above are pictures of the couple, the spread, and new faces on our old couch. How strange it is to think of all the different people from different beliefs and backgrounds and conversations that have taken place on that couch.

1 comment:

M. Lumpkin said...

I miss that couch...but I miss Brandy's good food more. I listened to Ben's voice mail and I think we'll decide whose family to focus on, thank you very much.

melody