Thursday, August 18, 2016

Back in La Petite Roche




Back to the rhythm of paper chase, which keeps changing. Once we received I800 approval, our next step was to apply for a visa for Thomas. This is done *thankfully* online but the catch is that you have to log on when the site isn't busy, otherwise you can't get through. It took two tries and I was timed out once but we did it, then printed out the application (of course) and sent to our agency. At the same time, once our I800 was approved, it was sent to the National Visa Center. My task for this was to email the NVC every day until I receive a "GUZ" number, which is our number logged into the immigration system. I was instructed to begin this process 5 days after I800 approval. With me, yet? Once we have a "GUZ" number, I can email to ask for an "RTF" which is a letter stating that our information has been forwarded to the US Consulate in Guangzhou. That didn't take long and once the RTF was mailed to our agency, they forward it to their courier in Guangzhou who takes the information along with the rest of our dossier to the CCCWA to drop off. It takes 2 weeks between drop off of this information and pick up.

So during these two weeks we carried on with life, soaking up of the end of summer with pool days, late summer evening walks, and visits to Nai Nai's house.


I've been trying to soak up the ease with which we function as a family of three. I am ready for the disruption but not before appreciating the quiet chance to do things like this:

Next step: Article 5 pick up and wait for travel approval!

No comments: