Wednesday, July 04, 2007

One year down...

Ah, it's great to be done with intern year! Our class celebrated with a weekend at a nearby lake. We rented a house and a boat and it was great to kick back and relax all together. I really like our class-we've had a good year supporting one another and clinking glasses together in celebration of finishing one rotation or another.
We also welcomed a new addition to the class. One of the original "10" had to return home to California as her husband (also a medical-type person) could not find a job after finishing fellowship. So we lost her but gained a resident from UVa to take her place and her calls :)
Ben was able to join around his teaching schedule and came in just in time to fire up the grill. I have a relatively nice transition to 2nd year, starting out in peds clinics, while some of my colleagues had to transition from the relaxing lake to various intensive care units.

2 comments:

A.B. said...

Congrats on finishing the intern year. Alan and I, too, are celebrating the arrival of the PYG-II year.

Alan keeps promising that medicine life "gets easier." I am hoping that he will eventually keep that promise!! I miss you guys! Amber

The Nelson Family said...

Congrats Dr. Utter! The peds clinics sound like a wonderful place to start 2nd year, but I am a bit biased! I'm sure this year will go by just as quickly!