Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Key Points

I was tagged by Kristen to list 7 random facts concerning myself: (this may get tedious :)

1. I pretend like I'm cool and all when it comes to music and knowing the most up and coming but in reality most of my now - favorite artists (with the exception of Billie Holiday and Waterdeep) came by way of Ben by way of Matt, and most of them have been around for much longer than I know.
2. As of this spring, Ben and I will be members of the Episcopal Church by way of confirmation. We both grew up in more traditionally evangelical church homes but separately came to desire what we have found in the liturgy and through the Eucharist. And my favorite part is that I get to kiss my husband each Sunday during the exchanging of the peace, which we first did together at our wedding. This is our church in Winston.
3. I initially wanted to adopt a beagle because I wanted a running buddy. I wasn't disappointed on that note but what I didn't think about is that 1. beagles are 95% nose and 2. the nose never follows a straight line, so running with her is always an adventure.
4. I own a "Michael Scott's Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run Race for the Cure" t-shirt, thoughtfully given to me by one of the members of our small group after I was bit on the foot by a cat. Sometimes I wear it under a fleece while on call for good luck.
5. I hate being on call except OB call when the deliveries are in the afternoon. :) (which, by the way, never happens.)
6. I cannot tell the difference between cheap wine and nice wine. And I don't really have an interest in acquiring the taste but I do love cooking so very much as well as gardening (neither of which I am very good at but want to acquire some knowledge.) Like Kristen, I am anxious to see what spring brings of the bulbs I planted last fall!
7. I have a very strange and unsuspectingly loud laugh.

On that note, I am going to go rescue my husband from his office and thesis-writing and go to bed.

3 comments:

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

B-I am sorry but none of those were random enough for me. I knew most of those things-almost all of them now that I think about it. Hope all is well!! I hate it when you are on call too b/c then I can't talk to you!! boohooo!!

The Fanks said...

I loved it!

Anonymous said...

Bed time is at 7:30?